Friday, January 8, 2010

Keeping warm

For all the challengers experiencing the cold weather!

This is a treasure I had in mind when I started the challenge and have been pondering how to make it interesting. The hot water bottle is at least 35 years old and I was still using it during the winter of 2008. Until I noticed that when I emptied it pieces of rubber were also coming out.

I love it because without the ribbing, that our current hot water bottles have to have, I could use water straight from the hot tap water and it would still keep me warm.

Last winter I was visiting UK for a month and my husband quickly purchased an electric blanket for warmth, previously he relied on me warming the bed up for him, LOL.

Taken with the manual nifty fifty (which becomes a 100mm on the Olympus E-300) and window light.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I used to have a water bottle, they are nice!
    I like the colours though to make it stand out more you could have chosen a dark cloth behind it perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 35 year old hot water bottle and still in use until recently? That's amazing! They don't make them like that any more. Mine never last that long as they are in constant use here in the cold UK. Are you saying you can no longer get non-ribbed bottles where you live? I only ever use smooth bottles for the same reason as you.
    It's so nice to hear someone else refer to their hot water bottle as a "treasure". I've loved them since I was a child and treasure mine too. It's so interesting to hear of one which has survived for 35 years, and so nice that you've kept it despite the rubber having started to perish. I couldn’t throw it away either if it were mine. - I get rather sentimentally attached to things I like so much.

    ReplyDelete